Bringing you live news and features since 2006 

Dualinvest available on six major Sipp platforms

RELATED TOPICS​

Dualinvest, a new residential property fund distributed by Smith & Williamson, has been approved by six major Sipp platforms.

The platforms are AJ Bell (including AJ Bell Platinum Sipp, Sipp Centre, Sipp Deal, and Skandia), Alliance Trust, Rowanmoor Pensions, Sipp Choice, Standard Life (including Fidelity’s FundsNetwork Sipp), and Suffolk Life.

Dualinvest, launched last month, is the first UK residential property fund based on a co-ownership model. It will buy 65 per cent stakes in residential property portfolios, with the corporate landlords retaining the other 35 per cent. The landlords will continue to let the properties and manage the sub-lettings.

The fund receives two years’ rent – 13.5 per cent – from the landlord upfront, which investors receive as soon as the fund closes. After two years, the property is sold or refinanced at current market value. Investors receive 15 per cent of any upside, with 30 per cent downside protection.

Derek Uittenbroek of Smith & Williamson tax efficient solutions says: “We are delighted that Dualinvest is now available for clients to invest in via their Sipps. Dualinvest’s co-investment model makes it a uniquely attractive way for investors to gain exposure to residential property, while reducing the risks and complexities that such an investment would usually involve. Investors get their income upfront, rather than having to worry about rent collection or occupancy rates. Meanwhile, the downside safeguard shields them from fluctuations in the market, while still allowing them to enjoy a share of any potential gain”.

Dualinvest is managed by Harvey Shulman, who has more than 20 years’ experience in property management and investment.

Smith & Williamson is working with a number of other Sipp providers to obtain approval for the fund.

Latest News

US ETF issuers of active ETFs are facing an increase in fees from the big custodian firms, such as Charles..
ETF data consultant ETFGI reports that assets invested in the global ETF industry reached a new record of USD12.71 trillion..
Calastone has published an ETF white paper which examines several of the processes that take place across the lifecycle of..
Adapting product lines to fit into changing methodologies and meet shifting demand is essential to remaining relevant in the industry..

Related Articles

Taylor Krystkowiak, Themes ETFs
Themes ETFs opened its doors in December 2023, with an introductory suite of 11 ETFs – seven thematic and four...
Konrad Sippel, Solactive
At the end of March, financial index specialist, Solactive, published its 2024 annual report on future trends.  ...
Lorraine Sereyjol-Garros, BNP Paribas
Following changes to the French Monetary and Financial Code and of the French market authority AMF’s General Regulation, it is...
Ed Rosenberg, Texas Capital
Texas Capital Bank first opened its doors back in December 1998 and nowadays offers wealth-management services, as well as commercial,...
Subscribe to the ETF Express newsletter

Subscribe for access to our weekly newsletter, newsletter archive, updates on the site and exclusive email content.

Marketing by