Bringing you live news and features since 2006 

ETP activity comes back as markets return from lunar New Year break

RELATED TOPICS​

On exchange activity in the Asia-Pacific region increased as most of the markets came fully back from the Lunar New Year break. Total ETP weekly turnover was up by 72% as compared to the previous week, totalling USD4.4bn, a bit lower (-8%) than last year’s weekly average, although still suggesting a significant increase in activity considering that China (the most active market by turnover) was closed for two days. Equity ETPs activity rose by 76%, totalling USD4.3bn.

 

With the Chinese mainland market partially open for the week, the Hong Kong market took the first place with a weekly turnover total of USD1.9bn, followed by the Chinese with USD760m.

Mixed market sentiment in the region and a rising US dollar shaved USD1.2bn in assets at the bottom line, shrinking the industry AUM by 1.4%. On a week over week basis, this week’s assets sat at USD84.1bn vs USD85.3bn in the previous week. Year to date, assets are practically flat, just USD76m below last year’s close.

There were no new listings in the Asia-Pac ETP markets in the past week. Total ETPs available in the region stand at 294, with 85% represented by equity products, and the remaining 15% distributed, mainly between Commodity and Fixed Income products.

Latest News

US ETF issuers of active ETFs are facing an increase in fees from the big custodian firms, such as Charles..
ETF data consultant ETFGI reports that assets invested in the global ETF industry reached a new record of USD12.71 trillion..
Calastone has published an ETF white paper which examines several of the processes that take place across the lifecycle of..
Adapting product lines to fit into changing methodologies and meet shifting demand is essential to remaining relevant in the industry..

Related Articles

Taylor Krystkowiak, Themes ETFs
Themes ETFs opened its doors in December 2023, with an introductory suite of 11 ETFs – seven thematic and four...
Konrad Sippel, Solactive
At the end of March, financial index specialist, Solactive, published its 2024 annual report on future trends.  ...
Lorraine Sereyjol-Garros, BNP Paribas
Following changes to the French Monetary and Financial Code and of the French market authority AMF’s General Regulation, it is...
Ed Rosenberg, Texas Capital
Texas Capital Bank first opened its doors back in December 1998 and nowadays offers wealth-management services, as well as commercial,...
Subscribe to the ETF Express newsletter

Subscribe for access to our weekly newsletter, newsletter archive, updates on the site and exclusive email content.

Marketing by