The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc (NASDAQ:NDAQ) the market leading provider of innovative, transparent indexes, has been named “Most Innovative Index Provider”, by ETF Express.
Award winners were chosen based on votes cast by readers of ETF Express, which includes investors, fund managers, fund administrators, custodians, advisers, and distributors.
“Being voted the Most Innovative Index Provider by ETF Express indicates that the community at large recognizes our leadership and commitment to continuous innovation,” says John Jacobs, Executive Vice President, NASDAQ OMX. “This award further emphasises that 2013 was a breakout year for NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, as we launched approximately 25,000 new indexes and became one of the only providers to have products listed globally, covering every major asset class.”
In 2013, NASDAQ OMX licensed 43 new ETPs to provide investors with unique and targeted exposure in equities and fixed income. ETF inflows increased nearly 68.5% to nearly USD23 billion. As a result, AUM in ETPs tracking NASDAQ OMX Indexes grew from USD54.9bn to USD87.2bn as of 12 December, 2013, an impressive net growth rate of 58.8%.
2013 Milestones for NASDAQ OMX Indexes:
- Brought the first cross border ETF to market in China
- Partnered with Accretive Asset Management to co-brand and grow BulletShares, the first fixed-maturity corporate bond indexes
- Launched the NASDAQ International Buyback Index, a first-of-its-kind index that mirrors the investment thesis of the popular NASDAQ US Buyback Index
- Launched the NASDAQ US Rising Dividend Achievers Index, designed to include stocks that are best positioned to continue dividend increases
Highlights of select ETF launches in 2013:
- The Guotai NASDAQ – 100 ETF
- Vanguard US Dividend Appreciation Index CAD – hedged
- The International Multi-Asset Diversified Income Index Fund
- Guggenheim BulletShares High Yield and Corporate Bond ETFs