Five of its alternative exchange-traded fund provider ProShares’ ETFs are now available commission-free to Charles Schwab clients through Schwab ETF OneSource.
“ProShares is excited to offer five of our ETFs commission-free to investors and advisors through Schwab ETF OneSource,” says Michael L Sapir, chairman and CEO of ProShare Advisors. “These ETFs give investors the opportunity to build better portfolios with strategies that can help reduce volatility, manage risk and potentially enhance returns.”
Heather Fischer, vice president of ETF platform management at Charles Schwab, says: “We are delighted to welcome ProShares to Schwab ETF OneSource. ProShares’ ETFs offer investors exposure to various alternative strategies and asset classes, which our clients can now access commission-free.”
ProShares’ five participating funds are:
• S&P 500 Aristocrats ETF (NOBL), the first fund to invest in a select group of S&P 500 companies that have increased their dividends for 25 consecutive years.
• DJ Brookfield Global Infrastructure ETF (TOLZ), the first ETF to offer the benefits of pure-play infrastructure by investing exclusively in companies whose primary business is the ownership or operation of basic infrastructure assets.
• High Yield Interest Rate-Hedged (HYHG), which provides exposure to high yield bonds with a built-in hedge against rising interest rates.
• Large Cap Core Plus (CSM), a Morningstar five-star-rated fund that offers investors an alternative approach to conventional large cap investing.
• RAFI Long/Short (RALS), a long/short ETF that uses fundamental measures of company size (sales, dividends, cash flow and book value) instead of market cap weighting to invest in a portfolio of stocks.