Bringing you live news and features since 2006 

WealthSelect managed portfolio service hits GBP1bn AUM

RELATED TOPICS​

Old Mutual Wealth’s WealthSelect Model Portfolio Service has surpassed GBP1 billion in assets under management, of which GBP450m has been directed towards pension accounts.

The milestone comes shortly after the service celebrated the one year anniversary of its February 2014 launch, demonstrating positive performance during that period.

To date, 75 per cent of all investments in the Model Portfolio Service have been directed toward portfolios of actively managed funds while the remaining 25 per cent has been invested in passive blend portfolios that incorporate some low-cost index funds.

The most popular portfolios reflect the preference most customers have for a blend of growth and risk control. As a result 75 per cent of assets invested in the portfolios have been directed in to portfolios 4, 5 or 6, the middle of the risk scale.

Investments are held in a range of different tax wrappers: Collective retirement accounts; ISAs; Collective investment bonds; and ‘unwrapped’ collective investment accounts.

Pension investors have committed the most money to the WealthSelect Model Portfolio service. Almost half of all investments have come from customers putting money aside for their retirement, with GBP450m invested in portfolios held within an Old Mutual Wealth CRA.

Old Mutual Wealth head of UK distribution Scott Goodsir, says: “We are delighted WealthSelect Model Portfolio Service has reached this milestone after just over a year, making it one of the most successful launches in recent years.

“The combination of award winning fund managers from widely respected asset management  houses,  being harnessed by award winning portfolio managers has been  attractive to a great many advice firms who have been draw toward the quality of the investment management at a market leading price.

“When designing the WealthSelect Model Portfolio Service we spent a lot of time researching and understanding what advisers and their clients wanted from an investment solution.  What has been pleasing is that different advisors have felt it to be suitable for different parts of their respective client banks.  There have been many positive comments about the service, particularly  regarding the white labelled quarterly reports. We recognise the value of advice and the role that advisers play in delivering great outcomes for customers and as such we will continue to develop services and tools that allow advisers to enhance the service they provide to their clients.

“The GBP1 billion milestone has been reached well ahead of expectations and we continue to attract new flows rapidly.”

Latest News

Morningstar has published a review of the European ETF market for the first quarter 2024, which finds that it gathered..
ETF data consultant ETFGI reports that assets invested in the global ETF industry reached a new record of USD12.71 trillion..
Calastone has published an ETF white paper which examines several of the processes that take place across the lifecycle of..
Adapting product lines to fit into changing methodologies and meet shifting demand is essential to remaining relevant in the industry..

Related Articles

Kristen Mierzwa, FTSE Russell
Index Investments Group (IIG), a division within index provider FTSE Russell, has extended its range of indices through two new...
ETFs
US ETF issuers of active ETFs are facing an increase in fees from the big custodian firms, such as Charles...
Taylor Krystkowiak, Themes ETFs
Themes ETFs opened its doors in December 2023, with an introductory suite of 11 ETFs – seven thematic and four...
Konrad Sippel, Solactive
At the end of March, financial index specialist, Solactive, published its 2024 annual report on future trends.  ...
Subscribe to the ETF Express newsletter

Subscribe for access to our weekly newsletter, newsletter archive, updates on the site and exclusive email content.

Marketing by