Bringing you live news and features since 2006 

Janus and Henderson to merge

RELATED TOPICS​

Anglo-Australian investment firm Henderson Group is to merge with US-based Janus Capital Group to create a combined firm with more than GBP250 billion in assets under management.

The deal is being described as a “merger of equals” although Henderson’s investors will own 57 per cent of the new Janus Henderson Global Investors company and Janus’ the remaining 43 per cent.
 
The merger, which will be effected via a share exchange with each share of Janus common stock exchanged for 4.7190 newly issued shares in Henderson, is expected to close in the second quarter of 2017, subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals.
 
The two firms say that the tie up will allow them to combine Henderson’s strength in UK and European markets with Janus’ US expertise to create a “leading global active asset manager with significant scale, diverse products and investment strategies, and depth and breadth in global distribution.”
 
Andrew Formica (pictured), chief executive of Henderson, says: “Henderson and Janus are well-aligned in terms of strategy, business mix and most importantly a culture of serving our clients by focusing on independent, active asset management. I look forward to working side-by-side with Dick, as we create a company with the scale to serve more clients globally, as well as the strength to meet their future needs and the growing demands of our industry.”
 
Dick Weil, chief executive officer of Janus, says, “This is a transformational combination for both organisations. Janus brings a strong platform in the US and Japanese markets, which is complemented by Henderson’s strength in the UK and European markets. The complementary nature of the two firms will facilitate a smooth integration and create an organisation with an expanded client-facing team and product suite, greater financial strength, and enhanced talent, benefiting clients, shareholders and employees.”

Latest News

Saving and investing app, Moneybox, has doubled the number of ETFs available on the platform, in the light of ‘growing..
Global X ETFs has announced the appointment of Ryan O'Connor as its Chief Executive Officer effective as of April 8, 2024. ..
Value-driven structured credit investing firm, Angel Oak Capital Advisors, LLC, has announced the completed conversions of two of its mutual..
Confidence in the continuing strength of bitcoin and Ethereum is driving wider interest in altcoins and other digital assets, according..

Related Articles

Sal Esposito, Zacks Investment Management
Zacks Investment Management started doing investment research in 1978 and in 1992 started its investment management arm, initially with SMAs...
Jeremy Senderowicz, Vedder Price
Jeremy Senderowicz, a member of the Investment Services Group at law firm Vedder Price, has witnessed a steady upswing in...
Graham MacKenzie, Toronto Stock Exchange
The evolution of ETFs has been a multi-decade experience for Toronto Stock Exchange says Graham MacKenzie, managing director, Exchange Traded...
Frank Koudelka, State Street Global Services
ETF data provider and ETF Express data partner, Trackinsight, has published its Global ETF Survey 2024 Report: ‘50+ Charts on...
Subscribe to the ETF Express newsletter

Subscribe for access to our weekly newsletter, newsletter archive, updates on the site and exclusive email content.

Marketing by