Bringing you live news and features since 2006 

Aussie ETF industry sees record monthly FUM increase

RELATED TOPICS​

The Australian ETF industry has broken another new record with a monthly FUM increase of AUD2.3 billion, eclipsing the previous record set in November 2017, according to the BetaShares Australian ETF Review February 2019.

Picking up pace in the second month of the year, the industry ended February at a record high of AUD44.8 billion in FUM. Similar to January, market rebounds meant that the substantial industry growth primarily came from price increases, accounting for 80 per cent of the total, with the other 20 per cent due to net inflows amounting to AUD524 million.
 
Investor appetite for global exposures continued to grow with International Equities receiving the largest amount of net inflows – approximately AUD211m. Australian Bonds and Cash followed with inflows of AUD151 million and AUD40 million respectively.
 
From a performance perspective, Chinese Equities performed most strongly in February due to the substantial price recovery experienced in this market. Net outflows at a category level were limited but relegated to small amounts of profit taking in gold exposures.
 
There are currently 242 exchange traded products trading on the ASX. Four products matured during the month, and no new products were launched. 

Latest News

US ETF issuers of active ETFs are facing an increase in fees from the big custodian firms, such as Charles..
ETF data consultant ETFGI reports that assets invested in the global ETF industry reached a new record of USD12.71 trillion..
Calastone has published an ETF white paper which examines several of the processes that take place across the lifecycle of..
Adapting product lines to fit into changing methodologies and meet shifting demand is essential to remaining relevant in the industry..

Related Articles

Taylor Krystkowiak, Themes ETFs
Themes ETFs opened its doors in December 2023, with an introductory suite of 11 ETFs – seven thematic and four...
Konrad Sippel, Solactive
At the end of March, financial index specialist, Solactive, published its 2024 annual report on future trends.  ...
Lorraine Sereyjol-Garros, BNP Paribas
Following changes to the French Monetary and Financial Code and of the French market authority AMF’s General Regulation, it is...
Ed Rosenberg, Texas Capital
Texas Capital Bank first opened its doors back in December 1998 and nowadays offers wealth-management services, as well as commercial,...
Subscribe to the ETF Express newsletter

Subscribe for access to our weekly newsletter, newsletter archive, updates on the site and exclusive email content.

Marketing by